Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's December! It's December!?

I've missed you my bloggy friends. I up and went to Texas for 10 days, didn't bring my computer, had lots more people to chat and hang out with so blogging got set on the back burner. My apologies.

We had a fantastic time with my family. 10 days was the perfect length. It was plenty of time to relax, do some fun things, eat some greasy food, eat some home-cooked food, let the baby sleep, go on some outings,- you get the point. It was a nice balance. I even felt ready to come home, which I didn't think would be possible. Christmas decorations were calling my name!

I enjoyed having extra help with Meredith- I got to sleep in a couple times and my parents even kept her in their room for three nights so all I had to do was the 3 am (ish) feeding. I think Meredith enjoyed all the extra attention :)

This trip made me even more grateful for my family. I thought a lot about how grateful I am that my family is a well functioning unit. I have one place I call home, one group of people I get to go visit. It's rare for there to be tension and fighting, and if there is, we get over it quickly. My family is a safe, happy place for me. I know it's not like that for many people, so this year, I was extra grateful for that.

2 comments:

Mary Nevin said...

sounds like a great vacation!! it's such a blessing to have a safe happy family, good reminder of things i need to be grateful for!! hope you have a wonderful day!

basebell6 said...

i feel the same way; i have sooooo many friends who "can't stand their parents" and feel blessed everyday how great my family is. welcome home and glad to hear you had a great trip!!

Post a Comment