Friday, December 31, 2010

Six Months

Dearest Meredith,
You are six months old now and I can confidently say this last month with you has been the absolute best. It's almost like the moment you turned five months old you personality just popped right out of you. Daily you have learned new things and given us a greater peek at the little girl you will become.

You are very vocal so I'm curious if you will be a little chatterbox. You mostly like to "sing" in an operatic type voice. Sometimes it's very loud. A couple of weeks ago a man stopped me while we were out to comment on how vocal you are. One thing I have noticed though, is that you save most of your talking for home. You talk almost nonstop at home, but often get quiet and curious while we are out. In the last week you have started to make new sounds- sounds with consonants. You started with "gagagagaga" and just a couple days ago started saying, "mamamama." While I know (or at least don't think) you have any idea what you are saying, it really brings me such joy. Your daddy was a little bummed you didn't say "dada" first :) Yesterday you said "baba" once. I'm excited to hear all the new sounds you figure out.

This month you have also learned to roll over. You roll from tummy to back and back to tummy quite efficiently now. I am so proud of this accomplishment. You now have a little piece of mobility. You are also starting to be very determined to crawl. Mostly you lay on your tummy and flail your arms & legs about. Sometimes you'll manage to get up on all fours, but you don't know where to go from there. I have a feeling that you'll figure it out by the time you are seven months old.

This month saw a lot of firsts. Your first Christmas, your first time getting a Christmas tree, your first time visiting Santa, your first time meeting your great-great-grandfather and your first time meeting your great-grandmother on your dad's side. You saw your first snowfall and survived your first blizzard :)

five generations!

I could say this every month and I'm sure I will, but I have fallen even more in love with you this month. I love the little baby that you are- how happy you are and how friendly you are to our friends, family and even strangers. I love how your little smile and squishy hug can cheer me up when I'm having a sad day. I'm having trouble capturing just how fun and wonderful you are and just how fun and wonderful this month has been. But just know, baby girl, that your dad and I love you to the heavens and back. Not a day goes by that we don't marvel at you, this wonderful little baby we've been blessed with.

Lots of Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

E said...

Friendly, squishy, and cute babies are the best...you are so lucky to have her. And I love that you know that :)

Unknown said...

this is very sweet... i hope you will save all of these notes about her for her to read when shes older

Post a Comment