Thursday, April 7, 2011

8

Today marks 8 years since Chris and I started dating. Oh, what a wild ride it has been. I decided to re-post last year's letter because it is one of my favorite posts and perfectly captures how I feel about our journey.
my senior prom, about a month after we started dating :)
"Seven years ago as I stood in my ratty timberland brown boots and tan zip up hoodie with no make-up on in front of you- you asking me to be your girlfriend I had no idea the journey we were about to embark upon. I had no idea you would become the love of my life, the man I would marry. I had no idea how giddy just the thought of you would make me over the coming years. I had no idea that I would spend my nights sleeping in your arms and my days longing to be wrapped in them. I had no idea seven years from then my belly would be taut and round from carrying your baby, the start of our own little family. I had no idea that I would one day love you as much as I do now.

And what I love, and what I know, is that in another 7 years I will say the same. That right now I can't imagine what our future holds anymore than I could then. But I know I will love you even more 7 years from now and that's all that really matters."

9 comments:

Jessica said...

I got to go to my senior prom with my husband too! So romantic :)

Kate (This Place is Now a Home) said...

So, so, so sweet.

basebell6 said...

happy 8 yearss! love the letter and cute pic!!

sidenote: my parents went to prom together and my grandparents did too. i sat at home on prom night alone and cried because i figured it meant i'd never get married! make sure your daughter realizes not everyone meets their spouse in high school; i certainly didnt realize that there were other options past high school! LOL.

Claire {Beaktweets} said...

basebell, thanks for the advice :) good to remember! i feel fortunate to have met chris so early, but i know not everyone does.

Jordy Liz said...

so sweet. :)

E said...

Oh romantic...I love that you are still in love after all those years. And I love the idea that we never know just what someone will mean to us when we first meet them.

colleen said...

That is too sweet! Congrats on 8 years!

Mary Nevin said...

awww!! i love high school sweetheart stories!! congrats on 8 years! hope you guys celebrate :)

bestie said...

congrats! am your new follower :)

Post a Comment