Monday, April 18, 2011

a challenge: update


it's amazing what 12 days of exercise can do for you. i'm now as fit as a cheetah. just kidding.

but seriously, i set myself the goal of running and shredding 12 days ago and i'm feeling pretty darn proud of myself. i've run probably 10 times and done the 30 day shred 7 times. i think i'm ready to move up to level 2 with shredding. i started off at being able to run 1.5 miles and i'm already up to 3.3. Today I did an even 3 miles and felt amazing. i haven't run as fast as i did today in a long time ever. running a half sounded way too lofty at first, but now, two weeks later i think i'll be able to do it!

5 comments:

Kristin W said...

Yayyyyy! So proud of you :) I hope I can get my running up quickly. Are you following a half training plan? Ugh good luck w shred level 2; it's a killer. So proud of you!

Mary Nevin said...

awesome!! i'm not to 3.3 miles, but you are definitely inspiring me!! i'm shooting for a half marathon too!! i will if you will :)

Unknown said...

awesome! I'm really wanting to do a half, but it seems so daunting. I'm at about 5 miles now--a huge accomplishment for me!

colleen said...

that is one fierce picture - goes well with that fact that you doubled your mileage in 12 days. Way to go!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Good for you! As I'm realizing it's just over 6 months to my wedding, I'm trying to kick my exercise butt into high gear!

Post a Comment