Thursday, April 11, 2013

seven months.

Mattias! You are seven months old which seems altogether impossible. But here we are anyway. Baby boy, I have a confession to make. There are probably more pictures of your sister's first month of life than we have from all seven of yours. I feel terribly about this. I really do. It sometimes keeps me up at night, feeling so bad. Everyone jokes about how common this is, but it doesn't change the fact that I feel badly. I mostly worry that when you realize we have a lot more pictures of your sister than you, you'll take it as a sign of us loving you less. Nothing could be further from the truth.

We love you just as much. We enjoy you just as much. We love on you and cuddle you just as much. I just don't have enough arms to do all of that and take pictures. 

I have probably enjoyed your infancy more than your sister's. Of course I loved hers, but with hers I had so much extra worry over schedules, sleep, eczema and allergies. With you, I know it goes too fast and I know that all the things I worried about don't make a whole lot of difference. So I just watch you sleep in my arms when I can. I lay you down for naps when I can. I stare into your eyes as much as possible. I kiss your neck and make you giggle every chance I get. I lay on the floor and watch you try to crawl. I sweep stickers and trash out of your mouth because you are simply getting bigger and more able than my mind is able to grasp.

So, no, we don't have as many pictures of you. I'm going to work on that. But even if there isn't much improvement, I hope you never question your specialness or our love for you. You seriously are the perfect addition to our family. Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for you. Not just for another baby, but that it was you. Sweet, easy-going, giggly, cuddly, squishy you.

Happy seven months, my precious little guy.









3 comments:

David McAnulty said...

Well if he does feel bad about later, he can always commiserate with his uncle Joe... :) I love the pictures! You are a wonderful, sensitive and attentive mother. Meredith and Mattias are blessed to have the parents they do. I'm proud of you (and Chris)!

Michelle said...

How has it been 7 months already?! I feel like he was just born!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

Post a Comment