Monday, December 21, 2009

Reflections

With 2009 drawing to a close I thought I'd revisit my resolutions for the year. I haven't looked at them since the summer so this could be a little rough.

Here they are:
-Travel!
Montreal-no
Washington, DC-no
Road trip to Atlanta- well, we flew there for my best friend's wedding!
Shreveport, LA for my cousin's wedding-yup!
Asheville, NC-no
Disney World :)-no :(
*I did go to Abilene to visit my parents, spent a week in Martha's Vineyard, enjoyed a weekend in New York City and a weekend away in Portsmouth, NH. So, nothing terribly new and distant, but very satisfactory :)

-Make new friends- definitely am closer to some important people to me now than in january.
-Keep (rekindle) the old- feel like I definitely did this with some essential people.
-Lose weight (10lbs)- ha! don't think so. maybe more like a couple pounds.
No dieting, but instead healthier decisions- i would say i did better at this in 2009.
Working out 3x/week- ran a 10k. that was awesome.
-Less facebook, more reading- i enjoyed some good reads this year. also facebooked too much!
-Get pregnant (late fall/winter)- done!

so, all in all, when it gets down to the nitty gritty of my goals i fell a bit short. in the big picture, though, 2009 was a good year, especially considering that my parents moved away. i feel like i've grown as a person. some of the things that were constantly nagging at me at the start of the year feel like a distant memory now. i feel much more at peace.

2010 is going to be an amazing year. Though a year with a growing (not shrinking) tummy, much less sleep and a tighter budget, it will be a year with more love than i've ever experienced before.

No comments:

Post a Comment