Monday, December 7, 2009

Torture Chamber

I never knew the grocery store could torture me, make me cry. But for the past few weeks, it does. I go in, determined to get through my list of groceries, but its never easy. Most of the time I struggle through it, maybe grabbing a clementine to keep the nausea at bay, maybe buying foods only five year olds should eat because they sound so good. But today, that was not happening. I started in the dairy aisle, which I thought would be better. No gross looking raw meats, or sandwich meat slicers that usually cause the nausea. As soon as I has grabbed by first few items (shredded cheese, cream cheese, lemonade & cranberry juice) I started gagging. I tried to just keep my head down and get through the list, but by the time I made it the six more steps to the milk cooler I couldn't control the gagging. Defeated, I rushed out of the store, plopped into the car and called Chris, sobbing.


It's the weirdest thing, having trouble completing the most ordinary of tasks. I don't have any idea why I was gagging. Nothing I saw grossed me out. I guess it was the sheer amount of food. I continue to be so grateful for the growing baby inside me, but I'm ready to be able to do basic tasks like grocery shop or eat my breakfast without feeling sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

: ( i love you clairie. hopefully the baby will not be so mean in a few weeks. and guess what! only 14 days till we live it up in abilene!!

Post a Comment