Tuesday, August 7, 2012


Like a punch to the gut
the weight of missing you
hit me.

As I thought about life's blessings
and unexpected friendships.
I prayed for you,
not even knowing you were out there.

And God delivered.
A perfect fit.
A bright spot on hard days,
a positive outlook amidst my cynicism,
shared enthusiasm and excitement,
love for those I love,
hours in the car
and fudgy brownies

So unexpected was the blessing of our friendship,
and then,
the loss of you.


Adrienne said...

My heart hurts with you.

jodi said...

I'm so sorry. My heart hurts with you too.

diana said...

So sorry. I have thought of you lots and the loss of your friend with all the craziness of mine. Its just too much. I cant even imagine.

adellegabrielson said...

Your writing is so beautiful Claire - your pain is palpable and real. I hope you find comfort in getting heart into words and words onto page. I wish you COULD offload your pain and that baby for a day and walk upright and easy. Soon enough that day will come. Thank you for letting other into your soul for a bit. May you be blessed today.

Post a Comment