Friday, January 6, 2012

5 years.

night we got engaged :)
honeymoon!
our first married trip after our honeymoon. a camping trip to Virginia. have I ever told you how we almost froze to death? i should someday.
soon after our engagement
baaaaabies! early college i think?
Five years ago, we made a forever commitment to one another. We shared these vows in front of our family and dearest friends.

"I, Claire, take you, Chris, to be my husband; to have and to hold  from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer,  in sickness and in health, to love and cherish always."

I will be faithful to you and honest with you;
I will respect, trust, help and care for you;
I will share my life with you;
I will forgive you as we have been forgiven;
And I will try with you to better understand ourselves, the world, and God;
Through the best and the worst of what is to come as long as we both shall live."

I am so glad we made these promises. Have our five years of marriage been perfect? No. But they have been amazing. We have shared countless adventures. We have shared countless laughs. We created a little life and have worked on raising her together.

We have also shared tears, hard decisions, rough patches and miscommunications. I haven't always forgiven as I've been forgiven, but have instead held onto wrongdoings (actual or perceived) longer than I should. I have had unrealistic expectations. 

I haven't looked at our vows in a really long time, but it makes me happy to read them and know we're working at it. We are faithful to each other. We are honest with each other. Sometimes it takes some coaxing from Chris to get me to talk about what's tossing about in my brain, but we do it. We share our life. My favorite things to do and my favorite memories are with him. Through the good and easy times and the harder times, I love him.

Happy Anniversary, my dear, dear husband. I love you.

12 comments:

Jodi Ann said...

Happy anniversary Claire! You two are such a beautiful couple. I hope you have the most fabulous, special day!

Adrienne said...

Happy Anniversary! Celebrate and Enjoy!

grace said...

so sweet. Enjoy each other even more today!

basebell6 said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Anna {dear friend} said...

Happy 5 years, Claire!! And may many many many more be coming your way. :) :)

colleen said...

oh i loved this - and going over those vows, too. congrats guys! and yes, tell us about the camping in virginia!

Shannen Malutinok said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you get to do something enjoyable out on the town.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Happy Anniversary Claire!

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus} said...

What a sweet post and fantastic photos. Happy anniversary!

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you two had a wonderful day :)

molly b. said...

I love this. Happy Anniversary, you two!

ps... I love that we are anniv twins!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you were able to celebrate alone together. Your vows are beautiful.

Post a Comment