Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Weekend


Chris and I have had a fantastic weekend together. I was in charge of planning V-Day and it turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. We started by going to Faneuil Hall for lunch. We got Mac & Cheese, which was recommended by friends. It was delicious. We also really enjoyed feeling like tourists. Faneuil Hall is so touristy, but I really enjoy the feel. After lunch we walked towards Christopher Columbus Park and the North End. We took lots of pictures along the way because Chris got a new camera. We ended up at Cafe Vittoria where we had coffee, cannolis and tiramisu. It was lovely.



After lunch, we headed to the Hyatt Harborside which is the hotel we stayed in on our wedding night. It was so fun to be back there. We both realized how much of a blur the day was because we remembered very little about the hotel itself. We took a nap, went swimming, sat in the sauna and enjoyed having cable TV before dinner. Then, we enjoyed a delicious and fancy dinner in the hotel restaurant.

Weekends like this remind me of how wonderful marriage is and how wonderful my husband is. I am grateful to have him as my partner for life. We have so much fun together, enjoy just being together and make each other laugh. This was a very happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment