Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Camping recap.

Ok, here's the thing. Camping is one of my favorite things in the world. I love sleeping in fresh air and sleeping in. I love sitting around a campfire, drinking beer, making s'mores and laughing loudly with friends. I love reading in my tent and taking an afternoon nap. I love biking with my husband around the grounds. I love that it lets you be lazy for a weekend, save the setup, take down and laundry once home.

But let's think for a minute. All those things I love about camping? Aren't exactly the same with a baby. So, it still has it's fun parts. And I love sharing things I love with Meredith. But am I eagerly awaiting our next trip? Not exactly. Maybe if Meredith hadn't gotten up at 5 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday I'd feel differently. I'm not giving up but I'm glad the rest of our summer vacations involve houses.


Anonymous said...

ugh you will need the week ahead to rest up from the trip!! sounds like it was fun though!!


Michelle {lovely little things} said...

What a fun weekend, baby looks like she's having a great time!

Bridget said...

that looks sooo fun. gearing up for our camping trip in a few weeks!!

Kristin W said...

Ooo girl! I admire you braving camping with a baby. When we go camping with the doggies, it's a lot to handle. I can not even imagine with a baby. Looks like you all still had fun though :)

Post a Comment