Friday, August 5, 2011

Menemsha sunset

IMG_7668

You might remember me talking about Menemsha a few times. It is one of my favorite places in the world. Seeing a sunset there is one of my favorite things to do. So while we were in Martha's Vineyard last week, I was sure we made it once.

The evening didn't start out as dreamily as I had hoped. Apparently our quiet spot to have wine, fried seafood and watch a sunset isn't so quiet anymore. Meredith screamed our whole way there. Parking was a mess and the wait at The Bite was super long. Poor Chris had to walk an insane distance to park. He and my dad just barely caught the sunset after picking up our food. It was a stressful start, but once we got settled, it really was a lovely evening.

IMG_7681

IMG_7674

IMG_7686  IMG_7703

IMG_7711

IMG_7718

IMG_7736 IMG_7727

IMG_7743

IMG_7731


4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Great shots! Love the silhouette of Chris and Meredith...and the one of her and your mom! Really great group of pics!

Anna {dear friend} said...

I love your little family shot. All of these pics turned out beautiful. And you look so pretty!!

Have a great week in Cape Cod! :)

Lauren Chappell said...

Claire, menemsha sunsets are one of my favorite things in the world too :) and the bite! Our family makes sure to make a take out sea food and menemsha trip every year! Homeport restaurant also has great takeout!

grace said...

wow! the lighting in these pictures is amazing -perfect!

Post a Comment