Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Meredith turns 2!

Meredith turned two! And we had a really great day celebrating.  We did a little prep the night before- me decorating with red and white polka dots in a (not-so) subtle Mickey Mouse theme and Chris assembling her awesome new wagon from his parents.

We started her birthday with balloons in her bedroom and Mickey Mouse pancakes.

Then the birthday girl was in need of a morning nap. She woke up to a delivery of balloons from a dear friend of ours, also a Meredith :) People, if you are wanting to send a gift to a two year old helium balloons is probably the great idea EVER. She was the happiest little tot.

Eventually we got ready and took Meredith to Emma Prusch Park. Meredith's two favorite things are the farm and the park, so when I found a place that combined the two, I knew she'd love it. We had a great time chasing chickens, puddle jumping, playing at the park and watching pigs, cows and bunnies.

After another nap, we went to meet Meredith's birthday twin for some cupcakes and fun at Susiecakes. Diana had made everyone hats and it was fun for the girls to get to run around together for a bit.

Then we returned home to get ready for a little family cookout. We enjoyed hot dogs (the birthday girl's preferred choice of meat) and later cupcakes. She wasn't so sure about presents, being pretty tired. But the birthday song and blowing out candles? Best. Thing. Ever. We seriously relit and blew out her birthday candle about 10 times. She LOVED it.

All in all, we had a really, really nice day. It was the perfect low-key way to celebrate our sweet, sweet girl.

10 comments:

Valerie said...

I love that you have balloons in her bedroom. One of my fondest memories as a child is that my parents snuck in the night before each birthday and decorated my bedroom (well, they did it for my brothers too). There's just something about waking up to that celebrating spirit in your room.

What a wonderful day!

Kate (This Place is Now a Home) said...

Love the balloon pictures! What a happy birthday.

Also, she is looking so grown up these days!

Adrienne said...

OOOOOH!!! I love this soo much! It's been wonderful to see your posts again (tho I totally get needing a break/slowing down with posting!) My favorite pic is the smile with the pancakes! So glad your mom and Lyd got to be there!!!

basebell6 said...

how fun!!!! love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Looks perfect!!

Michelle said...

What a fun birthday! Happy Birthday Meredith :)

Imogene McAnulty said...

Loved the photos! I wanted to eat as soon as I saw and read about your recipes. You amaze me with all you do. Do take care of yourself and keeping on enjoying your life. I love you and admire you!

colleen said...

happy birthday meredith!!! and a hot dog lover - a girl after my own heart.

mother of the bride suits said...

Baby, you are so lovely, you are an angel, and may you happy forever!

Joy said...

I love her bedhead! Looks like a really fun birthday.

Post a Comment