Thursday, July 19, 2012

Homesick.

Since we've moved here, one of the most common questions we're asked is what we miss the most about Boston. Usually we just say family and friends and, for the most part, that's been the truth. But now it's summer. And even though I wouldn't claim summer as my favorite season, it turns out that in my heart there are certain things that make summer summer. Things like fried seafood from Woodman's and beach days at Crane's Beach. Things that are far away in New England.


Sunsets at Menemsha Beach

Maine

Strolling the city on a warm summer night

Free movies at the Esplanade

Mike's Pastries

Border Cafe
Pregnant-silhouette-2
Our pond

10 comments:

Anna {dear friend} said...

Friend, you have no idea how much Boston misses YOU!

And that's all I have to say about that. :)

Anna {dear friend} said...

Also, that last picture of you? That picture is beyond amazing and beautiful. I just love it so much.

Kate (This Place is Now a Home) said...

Ditto to both of Anna's comments!

basebell6 said...

i think i need some mike's pastries! like now! :) you will make new summer traditions in your new home but i know there is "no place like home" home.

Elyse said...

Mikes does deliver! And considering youre still pregnant i think you can pull the "craving card" :)

Home For Short said...

We miss you guys! I totally understand the feelings and hope that you will feel truly home in your new place soon.

David McAnulty said...

Sitting in West Texas, what do I miss most about Boston?... EVERYTHING! Love you my sweet daughter!

Valerie said...

Boston does miss you, my friend! I hope you are starting to make some summer traditions on the West Coast, though. So much love to you!

Bridget said...

i do love summers here. for sure. but san fran has got to be pretty great too, right??!? how warm does it get there? are there beaches for you to go too? water too cold? i want the deets.

bennysmith said...

Beautiful photoes, thank you for sharing, I am enjoy your blog!

Post a Comment