Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Nesting.

Quinoa sushi

I am nesting. In some senses, I am nesting in the typical way- purging and organizing where ever I can. I've noticed, though, that I am also focusing some of that energy on cooking. I haven't been very interested in cooking since getting pregnant again. Sure I still cook for my family most nights, but it hasn't brought me the joy it typically does. Last week it occurred to me that I am suddenly excited by it again. I've rejoined the land of Pinterest and have been pinning lots of different recipes.

You may not really care what the beaktweets family is eating, but in case you do, I thought I'd share. I always love hearing what other people come up with. Last night we enjoyed these burrito bowls.  I also added some chicken sauteed with green peppers and onions. They were heavenly and made for super easy dinner.

Tonight, I have cashew chicken in the crock pot. I'm going to make some brown rice and sugar peas to along with it.

Then, I am planning on cheesy zucchini enchiladas. Candis tweeted about sweet corn cake last night, which I hadn't heard of. Once I googled it, I realized I do know what it is- that delicious gooey corn stuff served with some meals at Mexican restaurants. Going to attempt that, too. I will probably add some white beans into the mix so it's extra hearty. I'm also going to make this Superfood salad, though I'll probably do chicken instead of shrimp, just because I have it on hand.

For lunch one day I'm eager to try this avocado egg salad.

Ok, and for two dinners from last week: This chicken really is some of the best chicken I've ever had and quinoa sushi!? Yum! We had shrimp tempura sushi, california rolls and avocado rolls. Trying to keep it all cooked since I'm pregnant. It's not quite as easy to roll as sushi made with sticky rice, but it was still pretty easy and very delicious. Also, I only had white quinoa, no black, and it turned out just fine.

Alrighty! Happy Eating!

4 comments:

littlestgem said...

Quinoa sushi sounds delicious! I'm not a big sushi fan, but I think an avocado roll with quinoa would be good! Enjoy this time before your little one arrives - it will be here before you know it! :)

Anonymous said...

Goodness gracious! I'm coming over!

colleen said...

the cashew chicken and the last chicken sound amazing! can i come over for dinner ;)

mother of the bride jacket dresses said...

The sushi seems very delicious. Like your post, thank you for sharing!

Post a Comment