Wednesday, September 14, 2011


See this guy? He is the best. The absolute best. The past three weeks have felt so insane, overwhelming, emotional and stressful. And if I'm being honest with myself, none of that is going to change anytime soon. We are busy getting estimates on our move. Chris is actually starting his new job in a week. We are trying to figure out how to rent an apartment/house from so stinkin' far away. I am starting to pack some boxes. We want to be sure to see all of our friends and maintain some sort of semblance of normalcy. We want to still be attentive parents. It feels like a whole lot. A whole, whole lot.

And yet, we've hardly fought. Like not at all. Our communication has been better than ever. We are learning quickly that we process things like this big move very differently. He wants to talk, talk, talk. I want to think, think, think. Normally, we'd fight over this issue of differences, but instead we've figured out how to allow both of us to have our needs met.

I've never felt so tired. Well, that might not be true considering I had a baby a year ago, but I am seriously tired. All the emotion (and allergies) are wearing me out. Chris is in the exact same boat (obviously) but he got up with Meredith this morning and took her for a walk so I could sleep an extra hour.

I just had to put it out in the universe. My husband is incredible. The fact that I get to go on this adventure with him and have my best friend by my side every step of the way makes it a whole lot less scary. I love you, baby.








Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

2 comments:

colleen said...

this is beyond sweet. so happy for you guys and i hope the next few weeks go as smooth as possible. can't wait to see all the great things you get to see and discover!

Bridget said...

soooo great, claire. imagine adding fighting to all of that. not ok! you guys will do great and the time will fly and then you'll realize your boxes are unpacked, you know the san fran streets and hotspots, and life will calm down a bit.

Post a Comment