Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Moving on.

IMG_8717
IMG_8729 IMG_8734

Yesterday we said goodbye to our home. I felt much more emotional leaving it than I had expected. My sadness mostly stems from the fact that this home is where we became parents. It's the place we brought Meredith home from the hospital. These past 16 months have been amazing. The memories we've made are countless. As we packed up our home, I had visions of myself bouncing my newborn to sleep in her darkened nursery. I remembered back to the long, cold winter when we played on the living room rug and built forts. I remembered watching her crawl for the first time. I remembered giving her solids for the first time. I remembered watching her play with tupperware in the kitchen and climbing into the cabinets as I packed. I remembered the progression of bath time- from lazing in the bath sling to splashing wildly in the tub. So so many memories in that little blue house. As we drove away last night, tears streaming down my face, I tried to remind myself that the wonderful thing about memories is they come with you.



10 comments:

Anna {dear friend} said...

It is sad, and it's okay to cry (goodness knows I would be hysterical), but most importantly it's so happy that you've made all these memories in that little blue house. That you have them to hold in your mind and in your heart forever. And also, many many of them are right here in the contents of this blog. :) So that's special too.

Good luck over the next week, Claire!

And every time I'm over near your little blue house, I'll remember you. :) Thanks for being friend!

colleen said...

oh this was such a good read. they do come with you, and you'll get to make so many new ones as well. good luck with the move!

Jodi Ann said...

That's such a good post. I love what you said about memories coming with you when you move on. I'm sorry you're missing the little blue house (it does look awesome!).

basebell6 said...

omg *tear tear tear*. sending you strength as you cross the country and set up your new life out west!

House of Milk said...

Such a sweet post. It's so hard to not get emotional when moving, especially with so many awesome memories. Good luck with the move :)

clare @ the pretty walrus said...

can't express how much I love this post. it actually brought a tear to my eye. in addition to having those memories, you'll make new ones in a wonderful new place and one day Meredith will love hearing about your "old" house! (my parents moved away from my first home just before I turned 3. Although I have some very blurry memories of it - mainly the wallpaper in my room! - I loved, and still love, hearing about it).

Adrienne said...

~wonderful thing about memories is they come with you. Love that thought. So much to treasure there...and "family" that'll love you always will be holding on to memories of you all in your first home with Mere!

Jessica said...

Aww!! (Tear)! You have done everything right, cherished every moment!! Take the memories with you and make room for plenty more!!!
-Jessica

http://hopefullittleone.blogspot.com/

The Whitakers said...

AH! Just getting caught up--- knew you guys were moving but AH... this is just so wonderful

Kristin W said...

So sweet! But I can't wait to see what new memories California will bring! First days of school? More birthdays! Watching Mere get bigger and smarter! But it's amazing that your are leaving Boston with such special memories.

Post a Comment