Friday, January 14, 2011

Fort

IMG_4649

Growing up, my brother, sister and I loved to build forts. We always built a fort on Christmas Eve and "slept" in it as we counted he minutes until Christmas morning. Because of this, I was so excited to build my first fort with Chris and Meredith. Turns out Chris is an excellent fort builder. He did all the work while the girls such enjoyed the fruits of his labor. 

Wednesday's snow day was really one of the best days ever. We spent hours doing nothing and taking a family nap. One thing I've learned about myself since becoming a mom is that I'm not great at doing nothing. I am often multitasking while playing with Meredith. But yesterday I did nothing. For a good hour and a half Meredith and I simply laid under our fort, listening to music while she played with a couple toys. 

IMG_4610

IMG_4644

IMG_4619




IMG_4647

7 comments:

basebell6 said...

ok the pic of you and her in the fort is THE CUTEST EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR!

E said...

I love it! We used to make forts as kids with box fans and encyclopedias to weigh the sheets down. It was an amazing memory. You'll have to make this a tradition so Meredith can remember too :)

Adrienne said...

Yup ~ you guys have a lot of adorable pics....but the two of you in together in the fort is precious! Of all the many reasons that I love my kids...learning to play, imagine and do nothing is their greatest gift to me! I love it that you have childhood memories and feelings that you get to pass on to Meredith ~ really hope my kids do as well!

Kristin W said...

I just love how expressive she is now :) She's really at a wonderful age!

And yay for snow days!!!

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus} said...

Incredibly adorable - looks like you had a blast! :)

Valerie said...

Oh, too much fun! LOVE!

clare @ the pretty walrus said...

What great photos, she obviously had the BEST time! I remember building similar structures - it all ended really when my little sister (invincible as she was) tried to "tight-rope walk" a sheet and ended up in hospital with concussion...!

Post a Comment