Sunday, January 25, 2009

Crossroads

I feel like I am at a crossroads of sorts. I can see my life going in two directions at this point. I think feel content with whichever one works out, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

On the one hand, I would love to finish this school year, enjoy this summer (Chris graduating, traveling and getting tan!) and then start trying to have a baby. We have been doing a good job saving for the past couple months and will be ready to buy a house in the next year or two. This would be wonderful. I can't wait to be a mommy.

On the other hand, I definitely have an itch for travel. I would love to spend a year abroad somewhere. I think it would be super cool if Chris could get a job somewhere for a year or two and we could enjoy getting to know a new place. Similarly, I would be very open to the idea of moving somewhere new in this country. Either here or abroad, I don't have a specific place in mind. California, or some midwestern city sound interesting as does Australia. I would love to experience this adventure- getting to know a new place and new people, kind of carving out a place for ourselves.

So, right now I feel excited about either path. Both would be an adventure, though of different kinds. I am hoping that God will make it clear. In the meantime, I am enjoying my little (tiny) apartment, my job, my husband and my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment