Monday, May 4, 2009

silly me.

for the past few weeks i've been feeling proud of my neighbors for getting home so early. for so long, i had noticed, they got home from work really late. for me, getting home late from work= icky. tonight, after going to the library, returning home, talking to a friend on the phone, going to dinner with my parents and doing a quick stop at the grocery store i returned home to see all my neighbors parked and in for the night. as i was thinking how nice it was they were all making getting home i priority (how much of a teacher am i!?), it dawned on me that they aren't getting home earlier. its already 7:00pm for pete's sake. the sun is simply going down a heck of a lot later. DUH. shoulda figured that one out a while ago, but it never ceases to amaze me how early the sun goes down in the winter compared to how much sunlight we seem to get in the spring.

either way, i am very, very grateful for more sunshine on both ends of the day.


(view out the kitchen window of our neighbors parked. you can see the sun is still holding on!)

No comments:

Post a Comment