Thursday, October 28, 2010

4 Months

Dearest Meredith,
My little chicken, how are you four months old? It feels like only yesterday that I was waddling through Harvard Square, eating spicy foods, hoping to spur on your arrival.
It seems like only yesterday that we were bringing you home, so tiny in your car seat and ridiculously frilly dress.


But it wasn't just yesterday. It was four months ago! And my have you grown. You are such an amazing little baby. This month saw some more firsts for you- your first trip to Parker's Maple Barn (yum!), your first time getting a pumpkin and your first time at the Head of the Charles.

This month you also made lots of developmental strides. You have started grabbing for and holding your toys. You like to put everything in your mouth. You found your feet and have grabbed them several times. I think you might've laughed for the first time on Tuesday. I'm not sure, but whatever it was, was very cute. You smile so much. It's the sweetest thing. You have this precious little dimple up near your nose and sometimes you scrunch your nose at the end of a smile. You are very curious about the world around you.


You wish you already knew how to sit up and crawl. You sometimes get very frustrated in laying down positions. When we have tummy time you flail your arms and legs, looking determined to move. You are learning how to, in your own way.

(you, trying to sit up)

Sleep is improving, sloooowly, but surely. This month you've started consistently napping in your crib. You fall asleep after I've rocked you, laid you down and patted your back for a few minutes. You usually only nap for about 30 minutes at a time. You've taken some slightly longer naps the last couple of days, so maybe things will change? At night, you are going to be consistently around 7. Most nights you fall asleep within 10 minutes of laying you down. You are still waking up twice to eat. Sometimes you wake up and fuss between those times. I'm hoping that will end soon :) I know you can do it!


It's amazing how much I love you. You are the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. You constantly amaze me with your new skills and interest in the world around you. Not a day has gone by that I don't feel incredibly blessed to have you in my life. I try to tell you that everyday, too. Even though you don't really understand yet, I want you to always know how happy your daddy and I are that you've come into our lives. Your daddy said it best the other day when he said, "Everything is more fun with Meredith around."
I love you, baby chicken,
Momma

1 comment:

clare @ the pretty walrus said...

I just love these posts of yours :) She really is a beautiful baby.

"Everything is more fun with Meredith around." - perfect :)

Post a Comment