Monday, October 18, 2010

Daddy

Dearest Meredith,
You are almost 4 months now. Last night, while falling asleep, I couldn't help but think of how lucky you are and how unable you are to even know it yet. You, my sweet, have an amazing daddy. This weekend afforded you both a lot of time together. I get to stay home with you all day, all week while your daddy has to head off to work. Daddy had lots of extra time this weekend and he spent it with you!

He introduced you to his favorite breakfast spot, The Restaurant. He said you loved it :) He probably snuck you a taste of ketchup, which is his favorite thing to do. So far you've tasted pickle juice, lemons and whipped cream, that I know of. He probably spoke to you in his made up Spanish-style language. You love that. I don't think anything makes you smile as big as his silly talk.
at the restaurant

Sunday morning, as we heard your little waking squeaks we tiptoed into your room to say good morning. Upon entering, it was clear you weren't quite ready to wake up, so we scooted right back out. A bit later, as I readied myself for church, you started squeaking again. Daddy asked, "Is she ready to get up now?" As I nodded my headed in an affirmative, he quietly celebrated while walking into your nursery, "Yes!!" Oh, baby, he loves you so much.
on our family walk

Later in the evening, after we took a long family walk, Daddy was playing with you. He flew you around the house as you orbited the various lights, or Suns, in our house. You, stiff-bodied and smiling, loved it. And then, in the wee, dark hours of this morning, when I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed as you cried, your daddy crept in your room to comfort you back to sleep.

I am so glad you have such a wonderful daddy. I know you are too, in the way that you are able. I can't wait to see your relationship with his evolve over time. I think you think he hung the moon. I think so too.

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

clare @ the pretty walrus said...

You've managed to make me cry. This was so adorable to read!

Lai-Yan said...

Gahhhhhh. Trag Trag is a father. And of course, such a good one.

Melissa Scanlon said...

Ditto on the crying.
Very sweet letter to her, Claire!

Post a Comment