Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1976/212/101/1603801/n1603801_36403540_4499.jpg?dl=1Happy Valentine's Day, my dears. Hope today is treating you well. here in New England we are enjoying a genuinely gorgeous weather day. It's a glimpse at why people actually live here.

To celebrate the day, I'm listening to lots of lovey music. I thought I'd share. Proceed with caution, however, because I shamelessly love cheesy and makes no claims to be hip. If you share the same traits when it comes to music- Enjoy!

 photo: vintage us on valentine's day :)





   When You Say You Love Me      Josh Groban 
   Crazy Love      Ray Charles & Van Morrison       
   By Your Side       Sade    Lovers Rock    R&B/Soul          
   At Last (Single)       Etta James
    On a Night Like This       Dave Barnes  
    Love You Madly        Cake  
    Isn't She Lovely       Stevie Wonder 
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours     Stevie Wonder  
    Shower The People      James Taylor  
    Somewhere Out There - (An American Tail)    The Eden Symphony Orchestra    
    Cosmic Love        Florence + The Machine 
    When I Said I Do        Clint Black & Lisa Hartman Black   

   More Than Anyone       Gavin DeGraw   
   Fly Me to the Moon        Frank Sinatra
   How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)       James Taylor
   Once Upon a Time... Storybook Love (The Princess Bride)       Mark Knopfler      
   The Prayer     Charlotte Church & Josh Groban
   Main Title (From "Rudy")     Jerry Goldsmith      
   "Gabriel's Oboe" from The Mission     Ennio Morricone, Roma Sinfonietta & Yo-Yo Ma                 
   Once Upon a Time... Storybook Love (The Princess Bride)      Mark Knopfler
    Fairytale      Enya     


The bottom set are from our wedding and so will always be special to me.

What is your favorite love song? Or a wedding song that is special to you?

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Thanks for the 'setlist'Claire! One of my favorites is 'My girl' - The Temptations. Wish I was enjoying your magic winterland too (too hot in Brazil.

Melissa Scanlon said...

Love it! I love "Somewhere Out There"! So cute. I'm thinking of playing "Once Upon a Time...Storybook Love" for the Mothers entrance at the wedding. Was it in yours? I remember you guys dancing to Gavin. So sweet. So many great lovely songs, it's hard to pick!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Ray LaMontagne You are the Best Thing...I have be listening to it all day.

Bridget said...

i am obsessssssssssssssssed with gabriel's oboe (or anything from the mission soundtrack). like love it so much i tear up a little when it comes on!

Post a Comment