Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Traditions

As a new mother, I feel a tremendous responsibility to be the bearer and creator of family traditions. I cherish the memories I have of family traditions done over the years. My tendency is to plan these things, force them to happen instead of letting them occur organically. But then, this weekend, Chris was making breakfast. As he handed me a plate of pancakes, I realized these things will happen naturally if i just let them.

IMG_4776

We will eat pancakes with our children's initials. We will have dance parties  to celebrate Chris's daily return from work. We will build forts on snow days. We will do lots more things that are yet to be seen.

1 comment:

clare @ the pretty walrus said...

I love this post so much, it's something I think about very often. I guess it's a way we ensure we're remembered by future generations. Love the idea of your dance parties! :)

Post a Comment