Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscars!

I'm so excited for the Oscars tonight. Hubs and I are planning on watching them in bed with some warm buffalo chicken dip and brownie sundaes. The only thing that would make tonight better would be a fancy designer dress and a ticket for the red carpet itself. I am no movie aficionado, but I thought I'd share my picks anyway! This year we made a concerted effort to see most of the movies so I actually care about seeing both the dresses and who wins.

Best Picture:http://www.bscreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/The-Kings-Speech-Poster-uk-poster.jpg


Best Actor:
I loved Colin Firth in this movie. I also just love him in general. I would love him to win.



Though, I also LOVED Jeff Bridges. I'd be happy for either to win.

Best Supporting Actor:

I really can't decide between these two. 
     

Best Actress:

I didn't actually see this movie. I don't do thrillers so well, but I have a feeling she's got this one.





Best Supporting Actress:

I loved all the women in this category (except I didn't see Animal Kingdom) but I think Melissa Leo will rock this.  I'd also be super happy if Helena Bonham Carter won.

Melissa Leo, The Fighter 

What are your picks? Will you be watching tonight?

1 comment:

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus} said...

I haven't seen many of the picks, but when we saw The Fighter, I thought for sure Christian Bale should win. He was amazing. It reminded me of his performance in The Machinist. (Perhaps he needs to keep doing movies with two words :))

Post a Comment