Sunday, June 12, 2011

Steppin' Out: 6/11

 We usually go out on dates every other weekend, thanks to Chris's parents. This was one of those weeks when I called Chris and asked if he thought we could convince Nana and Grampa to watch the babe on an off-week. Fortunately, it didn't take any much convincing and we were in business. It was a great night, one I'm planning to tell you all about tomorrow because my mind is swirling with post-baby date nights thoughts. So for now, I will leave you simply with the outfit deets :)

IMG_6792  IMG_6787

Blazer: Thrifted (inspired by this outfit of Kendi's)         Wedges: Target
Tee: Urban Outfitters                                                             Scarf: Mexico on our honeymoon :)
Jeans: Gap                                                                                Glasses: Urban Outfitters

IMG_6789

So, I've been wanting fake glasses and took the plunge last night. When better to start than with someone that has committed to love you forever, no matter what? :) What do you think? Super dorky? Would you do it?

9 comments:

Mary Nevin said...

i loved that outfit of kendi's!! You did such an amazing job re-creating it!! I am really needing one of those thrifted pink blazers, is there a magic shop i'm missing out on :)

so glad you and the husband had a good date night, can't wait to hear more about it! you just look stunning!!

Hilary@BabyMooHoo said...

the glasses look great on you! i've also thought about doing the fake glasses thing, but i always end up chickening out. partly because i look like margaret from dennis the menace in them, though... you totally pull them off!

Unknown said...

you look great!
I love the white jeans. I'm not sure I could pull them off but you definitely did!

colleen said...

i love that pink blazer! awesome find for a thrift store

Anna B. said...

Claire, I'm not even kidding, I bought fake glasses yesterday at Anthropologie!!! Haha, how FUNNY!

You look terrific. I love your outfit and give the glasses two thumbs up. :)

OT and ET said...

hey there. i found you from Mandy's blog. you look super cute! fake glasses are the new wearing makeup; it's true.

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

My friend and I totally wore fake glasses all through our Psych 101 class in college because we thought they made us look smarter and we were in search of intelligent guys. haha, great plan, huh?

Leslie said...

Your outfit is adorable!! I love the fake glasses and have been opting for some! Cute blog, I found you via Harpers Happenings

Grace @ Arms Wide Open said...

wherever did you get those? I've always wanted fake glasses too! You totally rock those!

Post a Comment