Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Year Ago: Reading with my Belly

I think this second photo is my favorite picture of me pregnant. I have a couple others that I'll share in a couple of weeks that come close, but for some reason I just love this picture.

This day stands out among lots of other pregnant days. I was done with school. I finally had time to just read, go on walks and prepare the house for baby's arrival. I made my way to Harvard Square to meet Chris after work. After arriving early, I cozied myself (as best a 9 month pregnant person gets cozied) and enjoyed reading The Help. Once Chris was done with work, we ate dinner at Border Cafe where I enjoyed a spicy vegetable jambalaya. I remember wondering if it would kick start labor as it had for my friend just two weeks before. We were at the point where we felt compelled to discuss everything as potentially the last time before baby. I loved it. I loved being the two of us and I was so excited for it to be the three of us. And 17 days later it was.

IMG_1049

IMG_1050



4 comments:

colleen said...

you look like so cute, and like a trooper because you were very pregnant to say the least. how exciting that's it's almost been a year!

Jessica said...

I love the way you write about your pregnancy...calm and serene!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

So sweet!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

What a great picture, and a vivid memory. I'm sure Meredith will love to see these and hear stories about you being pregnant with her when she's older.

Post a Comment