Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Years Revelation

Yesterday, I was out riding my awesome new bike. I just got it last week and have been able to ride it quite a few times already! I am also starting a diet this week. I'm feeling super motivated now that I hauled my spring clothes out of the basement and showing a heck of a lot more skin (esp. in this 95 degree weather!!!). So, as I rode my bike with what seemed to be the rest of the greater Boston population, it dawned on me how truly cruel it is to have New Year's in winter. I suppose in parts of the country and world this is not that case, but in New England its a problem.

January 1st is a chance to reflect on the past year and prepare for the year ahead. Many people make resolutions and many of those resolutions are regarding exercising and eating healthier. But, HELLO, who wants to drag their sorry butt out into the arctic tundra in order to get a workout? Not I. Find me cozied up in my bed reading, watching a movie or just sleeping most of the time. And also, who craves salads, raw veggies and nicely grilled meats in the winter? Not I. Pass me some Velveeta Shells & Cheese, a large hot chocolate and a molten lava cake for dessert. Resolutions in winter are rough.

Resolutions in Spring? Much more manageable. I actually feel guilty being inside typing this right now, not taking advantage of the sunshine. I grilled out for the first time this season last night and will do so again tonight-creamy, comfort foods be gone.

So, Happy Spring! I love the new life breathed into everyone at the changing of the seasons.
my new bike :)

No comments:

Post a Comment