Here's how to do a pedicure at home:
|the supplies. not pictured: olive oil, nail clippers, base coat & top coat|
1. Remove old nail polish
2. Soak feet in warm water with epsom salts (and scented oil, if you have some). Yes, I used my hospital sitz bath for foot soaking. No judging, ok? After soaking for as long as you want, but at least for several minutes, dry.
3. Buff skin with pumice stone & foot file. Then, scrub skin with a foot scrub. Rinse.
4. File & clean nails.
5. Moisturize with oil on nails (I used olive oil!)
6. Apply foot cream on entire foot.
7. Push and remove nail cuticles.
8. Clean nails. I just used nail polish remover to take off the oil. I didn't want to wash my entire foot and loose the cream on my feet.
9. Paint nails. Apply base coat, two coats of color and then a top coat. Be sure to leave time between each coat for drying
10. Voila! Perfect, easy pedicure complete.
Wine & netflix movie
Add extra lotion to feet and sleep with socks on for extra moisturizing.
Good luck! It took me about 45 minutes and I felt so pampered by the end.
ps. for the record, i do not like my feet having this much attention. but i do it for you dear readers. you deserve luxurious toesies.
i referenced these two sites for help :)