Tuesday, July 5, 2011

lists


Before our vacation I was becoming a ball of stress thinking about all I had to get done and pack before we left. So the morning after Meredith's birthday party I sat down and made some lists. One for my packing, one for Meredith's, one for Chris's, one for general family items and one for things I had to do before we left. Suddenly, I wasn't stressed out anymore. Instead of seeing our car packed to the brim with loads of things, I imagined three simple bags and a few odds & ends. Instead of imagining a million chores, I had a few very manageable ones. I could go to the reservoir beach and relax. I could watch Bachelorette and not feel guilty. I could breathe a little easier. I love list making. Do you? Does it help you feel more at peace? Or does it maybe make things worse?



Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

4 comments:

Cara said...

I make lists all.the.time. It makes life easy for me, especially with a little one in tow when they require a bit more organisation.

colleen said...

it helps so much. a list makes everything more manageable.

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus} said...

I'm totally a list person. Things might seem overwhelming, but at least they're not floating around in my head that way. We're going on a trip soon, too, and I did the same thing - I feel a little relieved now knowing exactly what I'm facing to prepare :)

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

I am a total list maker, it helps me feel organized. I think I like making lists just so I can check things off as accomplished.

Post a Comment