Wednesday, July 6, 2011

curly(ish) hair.

swoony swoon swoon swoon
The other day on Twitter I asked about curling mousse. In general, I would say I have straight hair. Every once in a while, when the weather is just right, I can scrunch my hair and get a pretty decent wave. I love this 'do on hot summer days when I can't bring myself to turn on my hair dryer.  Sometimes it works great, other times it flops. So! Here's where you come in. Are you a wavy-haired, scruncher? What are your tips & tricks? Favorite products? Pleeeease share :)




Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

5 comments:

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

My hair is naturally curly but I often wear it straight. I use Herban Essences Totally Twisted Mousse and flip my hair over and scrunch in about 2 handfuls, making sure every part of my hair is covered. Then I use a diffuser on my hair dryer to dry, otherwise the mousse gets crunchy and the waves are hard instead of soft.

I usually blow dry with my hair hanging down as opposed to looking in the mirror upright, it seems to add more body. But even with curly hair, I also feel like I have hit and miss days. Some days this works amazingly...others, not so much :) GOod luck!

colleen said...

i have had curly hair my whole life, and as it's gotten longer it's turned wavier. i love be curly curl enhancer by aveda. i also find that if i mix it with a little bit of my conditioner, my hair dries with less frizz. curly hair is funny though - what works for one won't work for another. they sell travel sizes so you should pick one up and see if it works. sorry this comment is so long!

House of Milk said...

My hair is sort of wavy and I either put it up in a high bun while it dries, or I twist it in to two pigtail twists while it dries... both methods give me awesome, beachy waves. With the pigtail method, it helps to put a little styling cream or something with a wee bit of hold. Try it out, email me if you need help :)

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus} said...

I have naturally wavy hair and live in high humidity, but I'm totally going to try this:

http://ohsohappytogether.blogspot.com/2011/06/easiest-curls-ever.html

Elyse said...

Aussie catch the wave...cheap and perfect! I also combine it with a salt spray...so its like you just jumped in the ocean...can never go wrong! :)

Post a Comment