Monday, January 3, 2011

insert cliche here

so... new year, new resolutions... right??

i haven't given resolutions a huge lot of thought, but i have given it some. here are what i've come up with:

-get dressed up more. being a stay at home mom comes with a high risk of becoming frump-central. i would like to maintain some semblance of style.

-learn how to do a fishtail braid.Tumblr_ld9f4wmvcm1qclm05o1_500_large

-don't dwell so much on things that make me sad. i think a lot about feeling lonely, or missing my family, or not being good enough which then makes me a bit depressed. it helps when i think more about the good- like the hubs, my beautiful baby, my family, my family of friends.

Cuba Gallery: City / New Zealand / landscape / rain / blue / umbrella / woman / buildings / wind / sea / storm / photography

-run
Tumblr_lcw7zhacvj1qajglpo1_400_large

-take some deeper breaths. i am often an anxious ball of stress. it can be over household chores, running late or thinking that surely, the baby has somehow suffocated herself in blankets and surely, i should go check on her RIGHT NOW. this has got to stop or i am going to have a heart attach before i'm 30. deep breaths and chill the heck out.

Winter Alley

-read
reading

-live in the moment. less guilt about what i should be doing, or what i am doing. marvel at my growing girl. best present with the hubs.

how about you? what are your hopes for the new year?

img 2 img 4
for others, click img

7 comments:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I've watched a couple videos on youtube about how to do a fishtail braid, it's really easy but somewhere along the way I end up messing up. Grrr.... happy new year! and good luck with all the resolutions!

basebell6 said...

good post! had to laugh about frump central! i think i was pretty much frump central even when i was going to work everyday because i had the sweats on by 3:30 sharp. LOL.

E said...

On resolution #1, there's a great post about how to avoid jeans on Say YES! to Hoboken

http://www.sayyestohoboken.com/2011/01/no-jeans-for-two-weeks.html

I should quit wearing them to work for sure :)

Kristin W said...

Ah...such good resolutions! Definitely doable goals! Now you got me wanting to learn how to do a fish tail braid too :)

I bet being a stay-at-home mom does make you a bit feel frumpy. I feel like I am often in "teacher-wear," which can feel frumpy since comfort comes first. If I stayed at home, I'd never make it out of pajamas :)

Claire {Beaktweets} said...

elizabeth, you just took my resolution to a whole new level. no jeans? yikes. but this is great- i might try the no jeans for 2 weeks thing.

kristin- that's the thing- it's been a slow road to this frumpy point. first teacher clothes and now mom clothes. i need help!

Emily said...

good list! and i love to fishtail braiding! it's very easy once you get the hang of it. :)
cute blog!
xx.

Grace @ Arms Wide Open said...

great list. LOVE it. I need to work on looking cute more often. that is a definite goal!

Post a Comment