Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What's for dinner?

Split Pea Soup Tonight, as we prepare for yet another snow storm, we will be enjoying some warm soup and fresh baked bread. I have told you before how much I love my crockpot and this recipe has become a staple for us this winter. Just last week, when craving some crusty bread, I found this recipe. It is so delicious that tonight will mark the 3rd time I've made it. Throw all the ingredients in a breadmaker, if you have one, put it on the dough setting for the first round of rising. Remove dough from the machine and let rise twice on counter.

The best part about dinner tonight, though, is not that my lovely crockpot saved the day or that I get to sink my teeth into the fluffiest, yummiest bread on the planet. It's that we will be joined by two friends who just arrived in Boston today. They've moved from Atlanta (where I grew up) and I am just so excited to be reunited with these old friends. Their move has come as such an unexpected, wonderful surprise.





1 comment:

Mary Nevin said...

this looks perfect!! i had no idea you grew up in my neck of the woods!! very cool! have fun with your friends!

Post a Comment