Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fresh Flowers

Ranunculus

Nothing says spring like fresh flowers. It's amazing how much a vase of bright blooms cheers up my little house. For the past few weeks I've had flowers thanks to my mother-in-law who has dropped of dandelions and tulips. I really need to keep this up because it makes me so happy to see such bright splashes of color, especially right now when it's technically spring, but in reality not at all. One of my favorite flowers when planning my wedding was ranunculus and until recently I had completely forgot about them. They are so gorgeous. Now that my tulips are wilting, I think I'm going to hunt for some ranunculus. I have no idea how easy/hard they are to find, but I'll give it a go.

Ranunculus

Ranunculus Bouquet

What are your favorite flowers?


images:1  2  3

4 comments:

basebell6 said...

gladiolus and snapdragons!!!

colleen said...

i also love keeping fresh flowers around, which isn't hard with the nyc delis selling flowers for $5 / bunch. so basically, i take what i can get, haha.

Tamuna said...

I love daffodils and tulips! They always take me back to my childhood memories of being at my grandma’s garden in spring :)

christen said...

I LOVE this flower. I ended up stealing your thought to post about them, because I feel like they are so under-appreciated! Thanks :) Another favorite are hydrangeas.

Post a Comment