Wednesday, March 16, 2011

An Ode to Breastfeeding


Ode to the time I can stop and soak up the view
Praise be the time I can cuddle with my babe
Now that she's on the move 
And doesn't want my aid

Ode to the ability to provide
Both comfort and calories
So baby will thrive
 
Whoopie  pie

Ode to the way I can really eat for two
Praise be the whoopie pie 
I can devour and then still
Weigh less by pounds a few

Ode to all mothers who care for their babes
Through breast or through bottle 
I just feel grateful for calories burned and monies saved
Mostly the sweet time I get with my girl

4 comments:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awww what a sweet post! Being a mother takes a lot of work and a lot of patience. Cheers to mother and their kids!

basebell6 said...

great poem! although breastfeeding makes me STARVING ALLLLLLLLL THE TIME (!!!) i eat things just as bad for me as whoopie pies but the weight isn't exactly disappearing. :)

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus} said...

Love this :)

jana said...

ha!! i agree with basebell6!! i literally start shaking about 15 minutes out from eating when i nurse AND weigh more while nursing than i have giving birth to the kids.....oh wells-it is FREE and worth it and i always lose the weight right when i stop so i can't complain!! (well, i HOPE it will be the same this time!!)

you are the absolute most adorable mother claire!! hope i get to see you in action when i'm up in april!! i really want to meet your mini-me!! :)

Post a Comment