Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hopes for 2012: Skinny Jeans & a Chai Latte

I have known Kristin for a long time.  I'm thinking middle school or high school. I could bust out an embarrassing picture of us, but I'm going to restrain myself. Once I moved to Boston we lost touch, but blogging brought us back together post-college. I love reading her blog and she is one of my greatest running inspirations. So, here she is to share some of her goals for 2012.


 ***

I'm Kristin over at Skinny Jeans & a Chai Latte.  I'm so grateful Claire asked me to guest post for her while she's enjoying wonderful time traveling and visiting with family and friends!

I cannot believe 2012 is on the horizon already! 2011 brought lots of good, lots of terrible, and lots of interesting change.   I'm so happy to be able to look towards a new year!  While reviewing last years happenings, I'm setting my sights on a few new things.

My main goal last year was to run.  Run I did.


Back in March and April, I could barely run one or two miles.  On November 13, 2011, I finished my first half marathon.  While I haven't done much running since the half (aside from an awesome 5k where I achieved a new 5k personal record).  Running has become a part of my life, and I really want to keep it that way.  

The new 2012 running goal: Run another half marathon and/or run a race every month for at least 8 months out of the year.  That's a lot of money to dish out on running, but it's worth it for the way it makes me feel!

Every January, D (my husband) and I do what we have coined "No-Meat January."  It's sort of a way to renew and refresh going into the new year.  It's also a fabulous way for us to think outside the box.

[Image via Google] 

The new 2012 eating goal:  Go semi-pescatarian.  I'm pretty sure pescatarian is not "real." I'm also not too sure how many "real" vegetarians shun those who pose as vegetarian while still eating fish.  After doing my research this year, I decided to make a decision that felt morally right for me.  My opinion (which I am in no way pushing on to others) is that it feels morally wrong to eat something that has been raised/kept alive for slaughter.  Since D's dad is a hunter and deer live on their own in the wild, I still plan to eat venison.  I'll ease into the less meat lifestyle by including fish/seafood...plus I just love sushi too much :)


I'm absolutely obsessed with traveling.  If I could find some logical/realistic way to make traveling my career, I would.  


  [NYC, April 2011]

D and I were lucky enough to be able to make two "big" trips this year, one domestic and one international.  Although I guess the Bahamas may not be officially considered international, but you do have to have a passport to get there!   

The new 2012 travel goal:  California!  D started mentioning using our tax return to fix up our house...ugh groan.  I like to spend my money traveling!  The next big trip in my mind is California.  

If 2011 has taught me anything though, it's to live in the moment and enjoy all the wonderful memories I have with those close to me.  If we don't get to take a big trip, I'll savor the day trips we're able to take to the beach.  If I slip up with my less meat mentality, tomorrow is a new day.  If I don't make it to that next half marathon, I'll be happy with the new, faster races I can/did complete.  I'm definitely looking forward to a fresh beginning in 2012.
***


Now go check out Kristin's blog!

2 comments:

Melissa Cameron said...

Love this! Such a lovely and positive outlook on resolutions/goals for a new year :)

Jodi Ann said...

What a great post! I love the no meat mentality thing...I might have to adopt that for myself :)

Post a Comment