Sunday, December 11, 2011

A perfect Sunday.








All too often I (inwardly) bemoan my inability to do whatever I want on the weekends, thanks to a certain toddler. Obviously this is selfish and obviously my life is more full in ways it wasn't pre-baby. BUT. Sometimes I just want to take a nap. Sometimes I just want to watch a movie. Sometimes I just want to eat a peaceful lunch.

And you know what? Today I got to. Meredith took an unexpected long morning nap so I got to hang some instagram pictures and (finally) put up an album on Facebook. Once she woke, we strolled the farmer's market with a very happy toddler. Then we came home and made some deeelicious sandwiches which I enjoyed while Meredith played.

AND THEN we turned on The Great Muppet Caper. Meredith happily watched some of the movie and then happily played around the living room for the rest.

It was a simple day. It was so nice. It was family time and individual time and time to just do whatever. We've been so busy getting settled and getting out to explore that today felt like a much needed chill day.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Her upside down peek a boo is cracking me up! Pretty tree! And love these kind of days!

Post a Comment