1. Thank Goodness it's Friday. It's been one of those weeks. I am so ready for Chris to be home for the weekend and for us to fly outta here on Monday morning.
2. Have you tried the Astounding Multi Flavor Joe-Joes? Oh.My.Goodness. They are seriously the yummiest store bought cookies I've ever had. The peppermint and ginger ones are my favorite.
3. When you find yourself yelling at your husband and crying over the shipping of Christmas boxes you know you've reached your limit. Time for a vacation (ie. Monday). Also, this emotional state I'm in explains the mass consumption of aforementioned cookies.
4. Two soup recipes today. First, my mom's chili. 1 lb ground beef, 2 cans diced tomatoes, 2 cans rotel tomatoes, 2 cans tomato soup, 1 can light red kidney beans and about 3/4 can of water. Brown beef. Once brown, dump in everything else. Cover liquid in chili powder (does that make any sense?). Simmer for about 45 minutes. Serve over elbow noodles and top with shredded cheese and sour cream. This soup is perfect for a cozy night in or when serving dinner to the masses.
5. Butternut squash soup. So good. Ours was too chunky because I killed my handmixer by cooking it on the stovetop (yikes!) while blending the soup.
6. I thrifted this Christmas skirt over the weekend and I can't wait to wear it. Also, check out Jodi's adorable Christmas plaid.
7. This year I bought white craft paper and decorated it with washi tape and potato stamping. It was so fun to do and I love the way it turned out. Do you have a wrapping system? My mom often wraps each person's presents in his or her own paper. It's clever.
8. Anna posted this crazytown Rory Gilmore reading list. It's such a long list I haven't even taken the time to see what books I've read off of it. While making reading all of them a goal is a bit daunting, I think I will use the list as a reference for ideas.
9. Speaking of reading, I'm trying to get into Goodreads. If you're on it, let's be friends. I love having friends' recommendations for reading. When I'm in the reading zone, I need a list of books to read so I stay in the zone. Otherwise, I lose my mojo and stop reading altogether for a while.
10. I have some new year's resolution themed guest posts coming up next week. I'm so excited to share them! I have room for a couple more. If you're interested, let me know :)